Tuberose is dead: long live Tuberose!

I love tuberose.
I love its exaggerated, fluorescent, sound side, like a full-sized flamingo in pink resin. 
I love its theatrical, intense, hypnotic presence of Great Seductress. 
I love its extreme dandysm, the eclectic personality.
I love the taste for provocation, the joie de vivre, the small hours, the morning after.

Tuberose is mysterious, rebellious, wild and yet deeply tender, even maternal. It may caress you, hug you, wrap you up, comfort you, but also writhe you and suck your soul out.

When a brand decides to launch a tuberose scent, it is difficult for me to have great expectations: most are anonymous perfumes that don't take the risk: tuberose is hardly perceivable, or is treated in a very conventional way. 
Few fragrances have been able to say something of tuberose in an original way, while keeping unalterede the personality of this flower.
In addition to my beloved Fracas I found few other scents to honor this note in the way I like it: among them, Tubereuse and La Chasse aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur, Blu by Acampora, Givenchy's Amarige and Dior's Poison
Then came Tubereuse Criminelle by Lutens and Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle, two extraordinary scents, loved by many people, considered true perfumery masterpieces that I could never wear. I find them original, vibrant, visionary but ... deprived of my my idea of tuberose.

But 2017 is being an exceptional year, tuberose-ly speaking and now I have four brand new tuberose toys to play with: Perris' Tubereuse Absolue (edp and parfum), Nuit de Bakélite from Naomi Goodsir and Paloma y Raices from HomoElegans. 
These perfumes bring tuberose scents into new directions I love, and I can't wait to sharing them with you: will you join me in this journey? (follows)

Thanx Naomi Goodsir for the pic!


Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Zara White, Green, Fruity, Oriental, Black Amber

Arancia La Spugnatura (Francois Demachy per Acqua di Parma, 2023)

Perris Montecarlo new release: Vetiver Java by Gian Luca Perris (2021)